First-look Images Revealed for Mary & George
Sky and AMC have today released a series of first look images for the upcoming limited event series, Mary & George, starring Academy Award and BAFTA-winning actor Julianne Moore (Still Alice, Far From Heaven), alongside Nicholas Galitzine (Cinderella, Purple Hearts) and Tony Curran (Mayflies, Your Honour).
About Mary & George:
Mary & George is inspired by the unbelievable true story of Mary Villiers, who moulded her beautiful and charismatic son, George, to seduce King James VI of Scotland and I of England and become his all-powerful lover. Through outrageous scheming, the pair rose from humble beginnings to become the richest, most titled and influential players the English court had ever seen, and the King’s most trusted advisors. And with England’s place on the world stage under threat from a Spanish invasion and rioters taking to the streets to denounce the King, the stakes could not have been higher.
Prepared to stop at nothing and armed with her ruthless political steel, Mary married her way up the ranks, bribed politicians, colluded with criminals and clawed her way into the heart of the Establishment, making it her own.
Mary & George is a dangerously daring historical psychodrama about an outrageous mother and son who schemed, seduced, and killed to conquer the court of England and the bed of King James.
- The ensemble cast includes Nicola Walker (The Split, Unforgotten), Niamh Algar (The Wonder, Malpractice), Trine Dyrholm (The Legacy, Queen Of Hearts), Sean Gilder (Sherwood, Slow Horses), Adrian Rawlins (Living, Chernobyl), Mark O’Halloran (The Miracle Club, The Virtues), Laurie Davidson (Masters of the Air, Guilty Party), Samuel Blenkin (Atlanta, The Witcher: Blood Origin), Jacob McCarthy (SAS: Rogue Heroes, The Tragedy of Macbeth), Tom Victor (Consent), Alice Grant (Anthem at Almeida Theatre), Amelia Gething (Emily, The Amelia Gething Complex), Mirren Mack (The Nest, The Witcher: Blood Origin), Rina Mahoney (Happy Valley, Cobra) and Simon Russell Beale (The Death of Stalin, The Outfit).
- Oliver Hermanus (Living, Moffie) helms the series as lead director alongside second and third block directors Alex Winckler (Somewhere Boy, This Way Up) and Florian Cossen (Deutschland 86, The Empress).
- The series is written by acclaimed playwright DC Moore (Killing Eve, Temple), inspired by the non-fiction book “The King’s Assassin” by Benjamin Woolley.
- Produced by Hera Pictures in association with Sky Studios. Liza Marshall is the executive producer for Hera Pictures alongside DC Moore and Oliver Hermanus. Sam Hoyle serves as Executive Producer for Sky Studios.
- Mary & George will air on Sky Atlantic in the UK, Ireland, DACH and Italy. AMC Networks holds exclusive distribution in the U.S, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and India. NBCUniversal Global Distribution handles international sales on behalf of Sky Studios.
Mary & George is coming to Sky Atlantic and streaming service NOW soon.
Thank you for reading this post.